Admission & Enrollment Requirements for International Students
To be considered for admission to Austin College, please meet the requirements by submitting the following documents:
- Common Application, ApplyTexas, the Apply Coalition with Scoir, or the Austin College Application
- One Admission Essay (250-word minimum)
- High School Transcript
- Certification of Finances Form
- Official Standardized Test Scores for non-native English speakers (see additional information below) or an Expository writing paper for applicants who wish to be reviewed as Test-Optional and have completed two or more years at an accredited high school with U.S., British, Canadian, Australian, or International Baccalaureate curriculum.
All letters of recommendation and your secondary school transcript(s) must be translated into English. If an English translation is not available or if you are seeking transfer credit from a non-U.S. accredited college or university, you as the applicant must request an evaluation by an independent transcript evaluation service. Austin College requires certified evaluations of transcript translations. You may submit them via International Education Evaluations or another independent certified evaluation company. Please contact the Office of Admission for recommended evaluation services.
If English is not your primary language, you must submit TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test, SAT, or ACT scores.
- TOEFL internet-based test: minimum score 80, recommended score 100 or higher
- IELTS: minimum score 6.5
- Duolingo English Test: minimum score 110
Like many colleges in the United States, Austin College follows a need-aware admission policy for international students. This means that your demonstrated financial need is considered along with the academic and extra-curricular components of your application as part of our holistic review process. Austin College reviews all applicants for merit scholarship awards, but is not able to offer need-based financial aid to international students at this time.